Wednesday 21 March 2012

Out and about....Diesel Brothers

From Fashionistable
Around the shows lot of the time I don't know who I am photographing going by instinct and what I think looks good. Only to be blown away when later I am researching back home and in front of the computer. Stefano and Andrea were standing in the middle of a crowd and were quite bemused when I picked them out and asked if I could take their picture. Now the guys did mention Diesel when I interviewed them but still it never dawned on me. I just thought they worked for the brand. They do, but also are the brand - their Dad is Renzo Rosso the founder of Diesel. Stefano works on the development of their charitable arm Only the Brave who's mission is to "Mobilize and empower youth to end extreme poverty" you can see their manifesto here, it is a wonderful and powerful message. Andrea is the creative director of the 55DSL arm of Diesel. Stefano and Andrea are the eldest of Renzo's 6 children. Stefano is wearing a Viktor and Rolf jacket, Maison Margiela trousers and Diesel shoes. Andrea is head to toe in vintage.

12 comments:

Styleadvisor said...

Great shot and I like the story behind it! Stefano is the spitting image of his father.

Barbara von Enger said...

I love the facial expressions;-)

That's Not My Age said...

They both look good - love the hats and beards.

the nyanzi report said...

I remember when you told me this story and I've been looking forward to seeing the results - very nice indeed!

Toni Tran said...

Interesting find Dvora! Definately a real life version of Mario and Luigi or, 21st century chucklebrothers! Go Diesel!

Matthew Spade said...

excellent shot, they both look great and look really well together too. nice bit of info you found out too, really interesting

Lauren@Styleseer said...

Love the hats and beards, and the story behind the photo.

mermaid gallery said...

they are very confident in their styles....and that makes them look amazing....confidence is what it is all about.....

Not Just A Pretty Dress said...

Completely agree with My Styleadvisor on the fact that the guy on the right is the image of Mr. Rossi! They have a very cool style and a charming gaze.

SabinePsynopsis said...

Proof that you've got a great eye, Dvora - the 'Diesel brothers' are great! xxx

Amanda {feast.fashion.faves} said...

WHAAAT??!! That's so awesome that you met the actual Diesel brothers! I love their style...laid back and easy going, yet polished. the layering in their outfits is great! awesome snapshot!

<3Amanda
feast.fashion.faves

Rosalind said...

So that explains the casual confidence they both exude. I can see why you spotted them and oh, what a great story to discover retrospectively.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...